Sunday, July 25, 2004

Big Mama’s Chicken & Waffles

Last night I was driving around and noticed a new place at the corner of Audelia and Forest in Dallas.  It is “Big Mama’s Chicken & Waffles”.  BMC&W is shaped like Burger Street (which is shaped like Rally’s (someday, if you feel like throwing up, ask Vickie W. about Rally’s special sauce)) and at 10:30 PM there was a line wrapped clear around the building!  They must make some good chickens and waffles.  Oooweee!

Say, it’s been a really long time since I’ve written anything on here.  There are a few  reasons.  First, I have been really busy.  Second, I’m in a bad mood.  Third, my sister told me that people probably don’t get it (the way I write).  She told me I should go read Gordon Keith’s blog (to look at it you must go to www.theticket.com and click on the Gordon Keith link).  She said it is very interesting.  Please tell me what this (www.larryfeathers.blogspot.com) is if not interesting? I’m not the kind of guy who won’t take criticisms and suggestions to heart.  Tell me, readers, what can I do to make this any more fun?  Good lord - I have music, information about food, consumer reports, and miscellaneous.  What else do you want?  Poems?  I am taking requests.  Talk to me.

I am sponsoring a contest.  The winner gets a t-shirt of my head.  Here’s what you have to do.  Write a new verse for the Larry Feathers Theme Song.  The panel will determine the best verse and award the prize.  You may post your entries as comments.  The contest ends August 31.  I hope somebody participates.

Thanks, Kevin, for the new renditions of the theme.  I hope readers will enjoy the new Birds ‘n Guns version. 

Here is a Grey Shirts update.  We lost our first game by forfeit (none of us showed up).  We lost our second game 9-8.  I had a triple and I’m pretty sure the left side of my heart exploded as I rounded second base.   I also made a really stupid error that probably cost us the game.  We lost our third game Friday night 13-11.  I was good on defense and baserunning, but couldn’t hit my way out of a wet paper bag.  I sustained injuries – cuts on leg.  I’ll post a picture later.  That puts us at 0 wins and 3 losses.  Things aren’t looking too good for the Grey Shirts.

Man oh man I wish I could write about a person I met in Florida last week at training, but I can’t very blatantly for he might read this.  Let me just say one thing.  And this is against my better judgment (however, it might make my blog more interesting like Gordon’s).  I’ll try to keep it cryptic enough so that I don’t get beat up.  It isn’t becoming to speak like a gangsta when you are in your mid-twenties and are as extremely white as you are.  It is ugly to curse and get drunk in a hot tub with little children.  What gets me is that I caught you saying some things that were actually thoughtful when you thought nobody was listening.  Your momentary lapse into decency takes away any excuse you might otherwise have had for your shoddy behavior.  

On the contrary, Aaron from Baton Rouge is a really swell guy.  Also, thanks Deanna for eating French toast with me and then taking me to the airport.  You have an awesome minivan! 

Get ready for these features coming soon:
1. Daily listings of what I eat
2. Music and movie recommendations
3. Interesting opinions
4. Other
Be sure to comment with any recommendations.

I will write more soon, but now I’m feeling tired.  This is going to be a fun week in Austin.  I get to stay in the Driskill, bowl, play baseball with kids, go to a stampin’ party, maybe go to a Round Rock Express game or two, and more!   

Be sure to watch the DNC this week.  It should be very enlightening.  Teresa Heinz Kerry seems mean.

Albert has the hiccups.  Some day I’ll tell you about when my grandpa had the hiccups for over a month and then slept with his eyes open for the rest of his life.

Bye bye.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am watching Bill & Hillary Clinton at the DNC right now!
When I need a break from blazing Trails, I often go to BMC&W. It is finger licking good!

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry,
Would you please help me in my efforts to get Jello Pudding Pops back on the market? As far as I can tell they don't exist anymore. Thanks

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry,
Are there any plans for you to star or direct a documentary about yourself? I'd really like to see the "Fabricated Adventures of a Certain Mr. Larry Feathers" come to life on the big screen.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home