Thursday, July 08, 2004

The Driskill Hotel Loves Its Customers

Here is a copy of some correspondence I had with the general manager of the Driskill in Austin. I'll fill in details and add some pictures later on...

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry.Feathers@oig.hhs.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 11:27 PM
To: JEFFREY TRIGGER
Cc: SCOTT WALKER
Subject: Thanks


Dear Mr. Trigger,

Please accept my compliments to you and your staff on your excellent hotel and restaurants. The Driskill remains the standard bearer in a world where exemplary customer service seems in diminishing supply.

In particular, I would like to single out Diana of your 1886 Café and Bakery. I met Diana last September (I ordered a fantastic sundae with strawberry ice cream), and have enjoyed having her as a server several times since. Always happy to go over and above her call of duty, this evening Diana took it upon herself to encourage me to try the “Mama’s Meatloaf”. Without her support, I would likely have gone to my grave without having known the joy and satisfaction that only loafed meat can bring. Having Diana as a server is a true pleasure (her enthusiastic description of desserts tempts me to order one of each!). I will encourage all of the people I like to come over to the 1886 Café and Bakery whenever they visit your fair city.

Thanks for everything. I look forward to my next trip to Austin and stay at The Driskill.

Sincerely,

Larry Feathers
Auditor
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Office of Inspector General
(817) 555-5555 ext. 555

P.S. Your lemon sorbet is delicious, and the lobby restroom is first rate. Of all restrooms, yours is the only one I can picture myself actually wanting to rest in. Usually I like to take care of business and get the heck out of there. Also, whoever came up with the dried orange slices is a genius!


Here is the response...

Dear Mr. Feathers,

Your letter made my day! I have relayed your kind words to our team as I know they will enjoy them as well. Diana is indeed a super-star.

We look forward to welcoming you back again, and in the meantime, please do not hesitate to let me know if we can be of service to you.

Jeff Trigger


Stay tuned for pictures of the meatloaf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home