Monday, July 05, 2004

Softball, Eggs, and Sloth Graphpaper

Let's start with some softball news. The team formerly known as Team Fashion and currently know as the Grey Shirts kicks off a new season on July 16 at 6:30 PM. Soon I will be offering Grey Shirts souvenirs and memorabilia (including some game worn items and scabs) for sale. In the name of softball, I hope that you will buy some of our crap. The team has people on it including me, Brandon, Brent, Brian, Brad, maybe Bill, Jason, possibly Erik, James, perhaps Mike, and other people who I can't remember. In stature, we are a huge softball team. If you like analogies, you can think of us as the Kiss of softball. If you don't like analogies or don't know about rock or Kiss, just know that we are all really large. On average we must be about 6'1" 215 pounds. That's a big average compared to the population taken as a whole. I am number 4.

In a set of recreational leagues where there are five possible divisions and Division A is the best, the Grey Shirts will participate in Division D. And the reason we are in Division D is because they cancelled Division E (we and one other team were the only ones who signed up to compete in E). So get set for Division D softball (and injury) updates.

Speaking of the letter D, I'm reminded of when I lived in Clark Hall at the University of North Texas. Clark Hall had a cafeteria. One morning as I was sitting there, up drove a delivery truck of eggs. The side of the truck said "GRADE D - EDIBLE". Comforting.

I remember the first day that I lived in Clark Hall. My roommate Sloth Graphpaper and I decided that we'd kick off our college lives with some physical fitness so we went over to the Men's Gym. I guess my body was confused about why it was exercising, because after about five minutes of squat thrusts and pickin' cherries my whole self went into convulsions and then complete muscle failure. My first week of college, I had to take an hour to complete what should have been a 15 minute walk to class. I could barely move!

Every day after class Sloth would take a nap. Until Sloth became my roommate I never knew anybody who napped in jeans but with no shirt. Plus he let off a curious smell as he napped – kind of like sour rags. But, interestingly, he smelled normal when he slept at nighttime! I know because I like to sniff people when they are asleep. Just kidding.

I like Sloth Graphpaper. Today he has a wife and at least one baby, and I’m positive they’re nice. A few years back Sloth’s stepfather won the lottery. Curiously, Sloth changed his last name to that of his stepfather’s shortly thereafter. Now he is Sloth Legatowicz. Did you know that Sloth’s stepfather went to high school where they filmed the Breakfast Club? I wish they’d film a movie at North Garland.

Well I need to pack up my belongings on account of I’m going to Austin in the morning. This week I get to stay at the Driskill Hotel. If you please, go to www.driskillhotel.com. It has a nice picture and a beautiful soundtrack. Does anyone know how I can add background music to this Larry Feathers web page? If I can figure out how to make it happen, does anyone want to recommend an L. Feathers theme song? Talk to me!

Have a good evening!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sure was fun when Larry Feathers would leave school in his car yelling "Sloth Graphpaper" as he drove by, all while Sloth was in front of his tennis teammates. I, being one of those teammates, would laugh uncontrollably and Sloth would be livid the rest of the day.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home