Friday, June 11, 2004

Duty

Whatever you may think of him ideologically, Ronald Reagan had an unparalleled sense of duty. In years most people reserve for doing nothing, squandering their life's savings, and/or dying, Reagan was called to public service and performed it with humility, dignity, and respect.

I'm glad for the national day of mourning. It reminded me about the proper way for us to conduct our business. We should lose our sense of entitlement and replace it with a sense of responsibility and accountability. Our duty is to give - the consequence of which is receiving. Let's keep this relationship in order.

Thanks Ronald Reagan for being a good man who liked jelly beans.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoken like true misguided republican.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only boss I've ever had who didn't fire me, was a Republican. That's why I know Republicans are great!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home