Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Shopping In And Around The Gateway Shopping Center

I'll tell you what, when it comes to shopping, the Gateway Shopping Center is the place to be! Located at the intersection of 183 and 360 in Austin, the Gateway Shopping Center specializes in high quality products and honest salespeople. Let me tell you about a few examples!

1. Ryan in Cameras - Hey, if you like cameras and you want to be needing to take some pictures today, you can't go wrong with Ryan in Cameras at the Gateway Shopping Center Best Buy. This guy really knows what time it is when it comes to cameras! Not only did he answer all of my camera questions in a way that made sense to me (a camera novice), but he recommended that another customer not opt for a pricier camera "because it sucks" and instead should consider a lower priced higher quality camera! Honesty like that doesn't grow on trees - or whatever. Plus, when I picked a camera that I liked, he gave me a free 10% off and let me take his picture! Get ready for more pictures on this website. And buy some cameras from Ryan for he's a nice man who knows about pictures!

2. Joshua at Marie Callender's - Do you like pie? What about cornbread? How about miscellaneous? Marie Callendar's has it all, and Joshua of the Gateway Shopping Center store is the one to serve it all up - nice and fresh! Not only did he discount my cheeseburger, but he warned another party that the soup they ordered was prepared a really long time ago, and that perhaps they should order something more recent. To top all of that off, he proceeded to sell me a pair of $6 pies! I don't know about you, but I've never heard of pies for that cheap. Marie Callender's offers 43 varieties of pie - each available for the low price of 6 dollars! One of the pies I ordered is called the Mile High Boston Cream Pie. Sadly, Marie Callender's ran out of whipped topping and only 2/3 of the pie was covered a "mile high". Joshua came along and offered me a couple of dollars off if I'd take the incomplete pie. I told him to keep the two dollars and spread the whipped topping evenly over the course of the pie. Who's going to object to a 2/3 mile high Boston cream pie. Not me!

3. I ran out of toothpaste this morning. When I returned to the Embassy Suites (practically right in the parking lot of the Gateway Shopping Center), I went in the small hotel pantry store to buy a tube. I took the $1.50 worth of Crest to the sales lady, and she said, "Are you sure you want to buy that? I can give you a complementary tube of Colgate." I said, "Is it the same size tube?" She said yes, and I cried, "WELL I PREFER COLGATE, AND I'LL TAKE THE COMPLEMENTARY TUBE!" We both started laughing and I skipped off to the elevator area. So the Embassy Suites forwent $1.50 and gave me some free Colgate. You can't beat that!

Things are really starting to go my way! You should try to come over to the Gateway Shopping Center.

6 Comments:

Blogger Larry Feathers said...

You're right! Thanks for the support.

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My grandfather went shopping for new slip on shoes at the DSW Warehouse in the Gateway Shopping Center and he was amazed by their selection!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Larry Feathers said...

That's because your Grandfather is a good shopper! Thanks for more good news about the GSC.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on the edge of my seat here! Blog another blog already. I am addicited! Erik

9:43 AM  
Blogger Larry Feathers said...

Hi Erik! I'll start blogging some other blogs very shortly (I can't do it now because the rumor is that authority figures with the government are tracking my Internet usage!).

Say, the Asylum Street Spankers are playing tonight at Poor David's Pub if you'd like to go.

L. Feathers.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the Gateway Shopping Center this weekend. I had some ice cream at the Marble Slab. I like that part of Austin!
jwall

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home