Friday, June 04, 2004

AFO

First off, thanks Austin Field Office for making an interloper feel so welcome the past couple of weeks. You are my friends, and I can't wait to come back.

Now here are some things in no particular order...

1. I went back down to the Embassy Suites front desk to tell the workers that in a world where people like to take advantage of each other, that I really appreciated getting the free tube of Colgate instead of having to pay $1.50 for a same-sized tube of Crest. They said that I was welcome and proceeded to give me these additional complementary items: comb, facial soap, deodorant, razor, shaving cream, toothbrush, pickled loaf, and another tube of Colgate! Can you believe it?

2. If you decide to go to the Kerby Lane Cafe because you're hungry for some pancakes, don't switch to basil pecan chicken fettucini pesto pasta at the last second. They make really excellent pancakes, but the basil pecan chicken fettucini pesto pasta is mediocre. If you don't like pancakes but you do like looking at some (or a lot of)hippies, you should still go to the Kerby Lane Cafe.

3. If your audit manager tells you that she never bowls and that she is not a good bowler and you believe her then you are a sucker! Sylvie is the Earl Anthony of the OIG.

4. Mercy is a marvelous baby with fantastic parents who I admire very much.

5. Annie is a singular imaginary wife.

6a. Priority one next time I'm in the Greater Austin area is playing baseball with Dillon and Hunter.

6b. I declare this to be the year of the Mudcat.

7. Gretchen is right. A drive down I-35 is incomplete without jerky, corn nuts, and a diversion to the Dairy Queen in Italy. I took a picture of the Italy Dairy Queen and ate a medium dipped cone in honor of knowing you again.

8. John R is most capable of making me laugh. I think he's underrated (at least in Austin. In Dallas, he's a legend.) Thanks for the root beer.

9. Lynda, I hope you can eat your pie sooner than later. Thanks for talking to me about leather pants all the time.

10. Sonia, you are good at picking birthday lunch restaurants. As soon as I can find it I'll post the picture of Lisa sleeping at training.

11. Amy, thanks of thinking of me when there are breakfast tacos at stake. Ken's Tacos is the best and everybody who cares about tacos and more should eat there!

12. Vickie is getting worse at being mean.

13. Claire is horrible at being mean.

14. New John is horrible at being noisy.

15. Mike is good at liking sausage.

16. Lacey knows all about different types of hash browns, and is funny when it comes to insults. Next time we're both in Austin, you should stop by the office. We'll have a Candyland tournament, take a walk, nap, eat some pudding, work on scrapbooks, nap, do some needlepoint, get paid, and then it should be just about time to call it a day.

Thanks again for a fun time.

(Sorry that so much of this stuff was inside. Next time the blog will have more universal appeal.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that there is no mention of Fran&Ann's on your review of the AFO. I thought that as the consumer watch dog for this generation, you would surely mention their wide selection of food and beverages at ridiculously low prices!

Remember Moon Pies are only $.15!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Larry Feathers said...

You're right, Anonymous!
I think Fran&Ann's deserves a separate write up where the only topic is Fran&Ann's.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry, have you altered that Lisa Picture that show's her sleeping at work???? Wondering minds want to know!!!!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home