Saturday, June 12, 2004

Prince

Last night I went to see Prince at the American Airlines Center. In many ways, it was one of the best things I've ever seen. Prince is spectacular. His band was fantastic. Plus, Prince gave out free copies of his new CD "Musicology" to all of the different people who came.

And when I say different people, I mean different people. We had black people, Mexican people, other types of Hispanic people, white people, I bet there were people called "Doug" or "Carmine", old people, young people, I suspect Asian people, and me. Prince and I bring all of the different kinds of people together as one! That's one of the things that makes us special.

The unfortunate parts are these:
1. There was a lady in front of me who chose to stand up and dance to and fro throughout the whole second half of the concert. She was the only one standing in our entire section! Furthermore, either she had an inflatable pants seat or was wearing pampers. Had I kicked her off the balcony down to the floor (and I should have!) she would've bounced right back up to her chair thanks to her butt.

2. Cameras were not allowed in the arena. That's too bad because I wore a purple suit which Prince liked and so he called me up on to the stage for some dancing during his last few numbers before the encore. You should've seen me going this way and that! I was mesmerizing.

So if you ever get a chance you really should try to see Prince live. It's fun.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another anonymous post from YOUR AUNT KATHY:
"Okay ... you can't go see PRINCE!" Prince is my generation and I'm very, very old. There are some who even call me "Grandma Kathy" ... or yell .."GRANDMA KATHY!! GRANDMA KATHY!! Did you get me a surprise?"

I'm envisioning you on the stage with PRINCE. Next time you are in NA, I'm taking you out dancing!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Larry Feathers said...

Hi Kathy! Thanks for coming to look at this website about fun. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I'm going to be in Louisville/New Albany in two weeks. The bad news is that I injured my legs during my Prince dancing so I probably won't be healed up enough to take you up on your kind dancing offer. Maybe we can go over to the Zesto instead!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Larry Feathers said...

The reason that the black people didn't want to talk to you might not be because you are (mostly) white, but because people hate us. Remember when the lady with the chicken fingers sat down next to me, and I cried "Hey, chickens!", and she replied "I didn't get enough to share." The next thing I knew she was giving chickens out to other people sitting beside her who aren't me.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry, the Prince CD was not free. (That's why the tickets were so expensive.) The concert was phenomenal. This was by far the best of his concerts (Yes, I have seen them all except Under the Cherry Moon). I can't believe that you were sitting down. You should have been shaking your butt right along with the pamper wearing lady. Also, tell your sister that I would have talked to her if I had been sitting in her section. I talk to everybody. (Even when they don't want me to. Drives my daughter crazy. Especially, since I'm always telling her not to talk to strangers.)

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you where boots like he does?

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home