Sunday, August 15, 2004

A Charity About Mister Rogers

A Charity About Mister Rogers Posted by Hello


"In every neighborhood, all across our country, there are good people insisting on a good start for the young, and doing something about it." ---Mister Fred Rogers

The other day I was talking to Francine about audit when suddenly one of us mentioned Mister Rogers. We started talking about how important Mister Rogers has been in our lives, and wouldn't it be swell if most kids of today grew up to be just like us (i.e., nice, fancy, GS-12s, etc.).

That's when we came up with an idea with which we hope you will help. There is a book that Mrs. Fred Rogers put out shortly after Mister Rogers died called The World According to Mister Rogers. It contains a bunch of things Mister Rogers wrote throughout his life. It has observations, advice, and miscellany. It is all about being decent.

So our idea is to get a whole truckload of The World According to Mister Rogers and deliver them to new parents in maternity wards. This way, every baby's first book will be the Mister Rogers book and that would be a good thing. What we need is a truck, and some of A) your money, and/or B) your time, and/or B) your copies of the book.

So come on and participate in our charity! We hope you will help. Also, let us know if you have any ideas about how we can get the publisher of the book to cut us a good deal on a truckload of copies.

Here is another excerpt:
"I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said 'yes,' when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to somebody else."

P.S. You can never go down the drain.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Mr. Rogers! Whenever I get depressed being an adult, I think about Mr. Rogers (and Sesame Street) and it reminds me of my childhood which was a much happier, less complicated time in my life. I will help spread the legacy of Mr. Rogers any way I can.
Jenny

8:33 PM  
Blogger Larry Feathers said...

Hi Jenny! Thanks for offering to help.

When I was a little kid I used to pester my Mom about getting my hairdo like Mister Rogers. On special occasions my parents let me comb my hair like him.

On other days the next door neighbors (the Hales) locked me in a really small closet.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home