Sunday, November 07, 2004

Blog Casserole

Hi everybody. It seems like it’s about time that I get crackin’ with the blogs again. For reasons that I can’t quite articulate, I’ve been on an extended hiatus from people except the ones with whom I work and to whom I’m related. It has to do with a combination of things that probably wouldn’t make sense to people who aren’t me. I regret having not returned phone calls, text messages, and e-mail from certain people. It’s nothing personal. We’ve come to a point where I’ve been such a miserable friend for so long that it doesn’t seem fair for me to call up any of you as if I’ve been acting like a swell guy all along. The bottom line is that if any of us are going to ever talk again it’s going to require that A) you re-initiate the friendship, and B) you don’t start asking me a bunch of questions about what my problem is.

Recent poop evidence indicates that I have a mouse (or mice) at my house. So I went over to Kroger Grocery Store and bought some poisonous mouse and rat food. I stuck it in various strategic locations around the house and today I saw my first mouse (I think this is actually the first mouse I’ve ever seen in person). He was grey, seemingly young, and practically dead. I took him outside and put him in the plants. Now that I met a mouse I’m trying to figure out why I wanted to kill him. Why don’t very many people like mice? They seem really nice. I’m feeling pretty bad about poisoning the one I saw today.

There is a new Peter Murphy CD called “Unshattered” and, I must say, on first listen it is the best thing he’s done since at least “Deep”. Other good new music includes Elvis Costello’s “The Delivery Man” and Robyn Hitchcock’s “Spooked”. I’m sad to say that you should stay away from the new Black Francis CD. It contains a bunch of new versions of old Pixies songs and it’s just not very good at all.

Say, Matt and I have begun wearing ties on a fairly regular basis. When I was living with my parents until I was 30, I had my Dad tie my ties for me. When I moved out, I would often call my Dad (fake) crying that if he didn’t get over here to tie a tie for me that I’d just have to sell my house and move back home! At first that scared him into getting over here and making me some ties. Finally he told me that 1) he refused to get over here to tie my ties anymore, and B) that I MAY NOT move back into his house on account of I am too old. This time not even reminding him that “I didn’t ask to be born!” worked. Then a day came where my manager, Cheryl, said that I must wear a tie to work for something or other. In desperation I looked up diagrams about tying ties on the Internet. I found a nice diagram that taught me the way to tie, and now – I must say – I can make a splendid half Windsor. Last week I wore a tie on Wednesday through Friday even though Cheryl didn’t require it. Some of the different people kept telling me how nice I looked and they were right! Other characters determined that these ties are some part of a grand conspiracy. What's behind all this tie wearing? That's for me to know and you to find out.

What else…

1. Erik and Emily’s baby came out and she’s called Ellie. You ought to see her! She’s a nice baby.


2. I’m starting to study for the CPA exam. Seriously this time. If you are in the market for some good exam prep material, check out http://www.cpaexcel.com/. It’s fun!


3. Auditor Lisa didn’t realize that all of the baked dough on a pizza constitutes the crust. She thought that only the very edge of the crust counts as the crust. I asked her, "Say, what would you call the part of the crust that isn't the edge?" "Umm, the bottom," said she in her best valley girl voice and in a way indicating that I am the one who is the idiot. I’m just not sure how she stays alive sometimes.


4. Grey Shirts fall season ended. We went 1 and 6. Our one win came courtesy of a forfeit.

5. My right arm doesn’t work very well anymore because I dove into James Orr as we were both sprinting for the same fly ball. There seems to be quite a bit of damage, but I don’t trust doctors so I’ll just have to live with it. And people who come near will just have to live with my whining.


6. Burton’s is a good sausage. So is David’s Meat Market sausage.


7. I get to go to Austin on Monday through Wednesday. I can hardly wait! My last trip there got cancelled and I haven’t got to look at the nice people in the AFO for a long time.

8. This is some of my favorite weather. Albert R. likes it too. He especially likes all of the pecans in the back yard. There are thousands of them. We keep the door open througout much of the day. Sometimes mosquitos come inside.


9. I just found out that the senior auditor I’ve been working with is taking employment elsewhere. I’m happy for her and sad for me. Auditors who didn’t have an opportunity to work for Amy can not become the best auditor they can be. Best wishes and so long Amy.

I guess that’s about it for now. Sorry for not having written apolitically in a while. I’m also sorry for having been out of touch with so many of you. Sometimes I am a jackass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

It's good to have larryfeathers blogs again.
I think there are traps you can buy that are no-kill for mice. You could check at Roach feed and seed or lowes.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home