Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Halibut

Good morning. I have some pretty good news.

According to an informant, the basic difference between flounder and halibut is that the halibut's left eye migrates to the right side of its head. Flounder and halibut are opposites! Maybe flounder (halibut) sit around looking at the other halibut (flounder) and that probably makes them happy. I wonder if they taste the same. Long live Mother Nature!

In music news, my sister and brother-in-law's band is really climbing the www.nowhereradio.com charts. "Otra Parte" is #2 on the Latin chart and "The Chipmunk Song" is #2 on the Childrens chart. That's good. They are Heroes of Rock! You can listen to their songs by going to that website and searching "pphphb". Their "VH1: Behind the Music" is going to be really lame. It will be 30 minutes of my sister looking at birds, getting upset when the numbskulls fly into her window, and Kevin being quiet followed by 30 minutes of someone talking about current events while my sister closes her eyes in an attempt to mentally transport herself into The Neighborhood of Make Believe. That part will be kind of funny.

I remember when my sister was in high school and was a freak (somewhere I have her old Krokus concert jersey to prove it!). Her friends were John Q Morris, Jelly Jellison, and quite possibly the Prince of Darkness. Some weekends she wouldn't speak to any of us (my Mom, Dad, and me) for no apparent reason. Sometimes I wonder how you get from that point to the point where mostly you like global warming, Emeril, and birds.

Time for my bath! Vickie's coming to town.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

First of all, I am really happy to hear about the halibut.
Next, I don't think I ever hung out with the Prince of Darkness.
Also, I don't LIKE global warming, I am against it.
The Behind the Music is probably right on the money though.
Have fun with Vicky.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you only bathe when Vickie comes to town?

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home