Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Style America

Yesterday I returned to Style America to get my hair done. This time the beautician was Lisa Dang. She was horrible at English, but managed to make the following conversation.

Dang: “You have gray hair.”
Feathers: “Yes, I know. It isn’t so bad.”
Dang: “How long have you been balding?”
Feathers: “It’s been a while. I have dual crowns.”
Dang: “You have very thick hair right here.” She pointed to my head sides. “Too bad you can’t put some of it where you are balding.”
Feathers: “Yeah, too bad.”
Dang: “Have you ever thought about Rogaine?”
Feathers: “No. I’ve come to accept my baldness as part of Jesus’ plan for me.”
Dang: “Well I think hair is very important and you should do something.”
Feathers: “Isn’t it what’s on my insides that counts?”
Dang: (Noticing a stray strand of hair sprouting from my otherwise bald forehead) “I’ve never seen anything like this before.”
Feathers: “Do you think it can be permed?”
(At that point she took a straight edge razor across my forehead to cut off the hair.)
Feathers: “This has been a horrible trip to the beauty parlor. Why are you so mean about hair?”
Dang: “I think hair is very important.”

The whole Style America was laughing at me and my head. I hate getting haircuts.

3 Comments:

Blogger Larry Feathers said...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Lisa Dang should be fired. And tilapia is good. Very mild. They have good blackened tilapia at Rockfish. Apparently, tilapia is the new Chilean Sea Bass, which was the fashionable fish for a while, but it got over-fished and is now becoming endangered.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man that was a laugh-out-loud entry. I can see the scene in my head.
-Cousin Ben

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home